CONNECT the unexpected
MARIBOR, SLOVENIA, 12-14th NOVEMBER 2021
CONNECT to find a partner for your next international project or to create a pan-European, interdisciplinary creative work with other amateur artists.
CONNECT2021 is a two strand programme, running parallel, with some moments together.
One part of the programme is for professional and amateur arts organisations, networks and policy makers. CONNECT offers three days of inspirational presentations, sharing and visits to local initiatives, during which you identify partners and work with them to develop a proposal for a transnational, interdisciplinary pilot project. Three of these project ideas will be granted with an Amateo grant of € 2,500 each.
Alongside this programme, a three day creative workshop programme for amateur arts practitioners (all art-form and ages; 18+). Collaborating with arts practitioners with a range of specialisms, participants will create an interdisciplinary work responding to the theme ‘Home’.
CONNECT2021 looks at the theme of ‘Home’ through the lens of Community Arts practice. We will look at ways that ‘professional’ arts organizers and networks work with non-professionals to develop interventions using shared knowledge, skills and experience to actively make a change in society.
- How do we work with communities that are different from our own?
- How do we build bridges between different communities?
- And how do we make these projects and changes sustainable?
Parallel workshops, led by professional artists, will deal with the same theme in a practical way, using materials, created during Amateo’s ‘Postcards from Home’ project (running since November 2020) as inspiration.
12/13/14 November 2021
MARIBOR, Slovenia (and online*)
WHO IS IT FOR?
- People of all ages who want to work internationally and interdisciplinary and have experience with one or more artform
- Students interested in community arts facilitation, as well as people who have recently finished their studies.
- Organisations/artists who are working in community based art projects and want to develop their practice and network.
- Network organisations and policy makers
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
Three days to:
- Enjoy art initiatives and performances
- Hear inspiring keynote speakers, share knowledge and experience
- Meet colleagues and creative citizens from all over Europe
- Explore the cultural field in Maribor and its surroundings
- Get to know each other, find a potential partner and design a small project together.
Amateo awards three project proposals with a € 2,500 grant to develop the idea
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We set aside three days to be immersed in good company; watching, listening, talking, designing and making art with non-professional artists. Approaches and contexts vary hugely across Europe, CONNECT is a platform where people can share, be curious and test ideas together, which has resulted in successful long term collaboration.
*CONNECT2021 will be a hybrid physical event and will make it possible for people who cannot travel to join live events virtually. If Europe is still in lockdown the event will be completely virtual (final decision at the end of October 2021)
The full programme will be published before the end of October. Want to know more?
Email us at pioneersamateo.org.
The cost will be € 200 per person for the organization’s programme / € 100,– per person for the creative workshop (this participation fee includes food and shared accommodation in Maribor, a small number of bursaries will be available for those unable to pay).
Online participation is €35