CONNECT & EMPOWER – young voices in the arts
The next CONNECT2020 focuses on the issue of empowerment of young people. What do they need to organise their own local, regional or international project? For example: A workshop camp, a youth network, an international exchange or a festival? How do you involve them in designing a project? Where do you give them guidance, and when will we follow them in their ideas? Can they make decisions, or only give advice? Inspiring examples will show and/or tell their stories.
20/21/22 March 2020
– Young people (aged 18-25) that want to work internationally and interdisciplinary, and have relevant experience with one or more artforms themselves
– Arts students and students who want to become a teacher in one of the artforms as well as people who have recently finished one of these studies
– Organisations who are focussing on art with children and/or young people
– Network organisations and policy-makers
Three days to:
– See inspiring performances and art initiatives made/performed by young people
– Hear inspiring keynote speakers, share knowledge and have some new experiences
– Meet and speak with inspiring colleagues, and young people from all over Europe
– Explore the cultural field in Brussels
– Get to know each other, find a potential partner and design a small project together.
Amateo is rewarding three proposals each with a € 2.500,– grant.
Three days in a good company, watching, talking about, talking with, designing projects and making art with young people. Everywhere in Europe it is happening, but each country/region has its own approach. CONNECT wants to be a platform where people can share their experiences, can be curious to each other and hopefully find each other and start international adventures together.
CONNECT is an initiative of Amateo’s pioneer projects; a Arts take part project group which wants to initiate and stimulate small-scaled, international and (preferably) interdisciplinary projects in the field of amateur arts, to gain and share experiences, and to stimulate new forms and approaches within amateur arts.
The full programme will be published before the end of 2019. Do you want to know more? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or go to Facebook and check the event.
CONNECT2020 is an initiative of Amateo’s Art Take Part pioneers projects, organised together MetX and Lasso (Brussels) and co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.