Online Music & Video Event made by Young People
UPDATE: Watch the final video below!
Do you make music or is the camera your best friend? And are you between 12 and 25 years old? Then this is the chance to make yourself heard!
For the international Make Music Day 2020, dozens of young people from six European countries are working together on a very cool and cross-border online project; the film images and the soundtrack for the “Rebels with a Cause” short film. Whether you come from Lithuania, Slovenia, United Kingdom, Belgium, Slovakia or the Netherlands; together you can speak from your heart!
We would very much like to know what concerns you as a young person. What helps you get through this bizarre time? What are you worried about, or maybe not? What do you want to leave behind from before this time? What do you want to take into the future? Together with dozens of young people from all over Europe, you answer these questions in your own way. By making music or submitting a video. Film & sound professionals make out of all submissions the first international short film of “Rebels with a Cause”.
The short film – premiere online – in six European countries – Sunday 21st June at 13:00 CEST! In the Netherlands, through social media of Leeuwarden-Fryslân European Capital of Culture, with more than 100,000 followers.
You can sign up for music or film!
We invite you to join our online orchestra! Reinout Douma, conductor of the Noordpool Orkest, has composed a great basic soundtrack. If you sign up, you will receive a link to download the scores for your instrument and instructions for recording.
If you sign up to participate in this project, you will certainly not regret it. Because you can participate for free in useful online video workshops about script development and making a movie (with your mobile phone). You will receive tips & tricks from professionals from film platform New Noardic Wave and Editors from Lithuania to make your short video of up to 1 minute as cool as possible.
Your video is used for the short film and also posted on the webpage: http://www.lockdownstories.net. There are already many videos for inspiration!
- Register before June 5! You will receive more information about what to do as soon as possible.
- Submissions no later than June 15!
- Premiere Sunday June 21 at 13:00 CEST during Make Music Day
Jan-Willem van Kruyssen (OMF): email@example.com +31631665582
Rebels with a Cause is a project by:
- Amateo (European Network for Active Participation in Cultural Activities)
- OMF (Organisation of Music Associations in Fryslân, the Netherlands)
- Noordpool Orkest / Noordpool Troupe (Groningen, the Netherlands, musicians between 14 and 23 years old)
- New Noardic Wave, film platform for makers in the Northern Netherlands
- Fulkaan, talent platform for young musicians (Fryslân, the Netherlands)
- iktoon, LKCA (Utrecht, the Netherlands)
- Making Music UK (London, United Kingdom)
- House of Activity and Creativity (Public Institution, Zapyskis, Lithuania)
- Národné osvetové centrum (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- VZW Kuumba (Brussels, Belgium)
- JSKD, Javni Sklad za Kulturne Dejavnosti (Ljubljana, Slovenia)