EUROPEAN CULTURE’S DEVELOPMENT (RE)STARTS FROM THE PERIPHERIES
AMATEO ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2021
Milan, Italy & online
29–30 october 2021
Save the date for our thirteenth Amateo Annual Conference – reSTART – ‘European Culture’s Development (RE)STARTS from the PERIPHERIES’
As we approach the end of the fourth (and final) year of the Arts Take Part programme, we are pleased to let you know that we are proceeding with the Milan event as a ‘hybrid’ conference with both face to face and online access!
The conference on EUROPEAN CULTURE’S DEVELOPMENT (RE)STARTS FROM THE PERIPHERIES will take place from 29th-30th October 2021 in Milan, Italy and online.
Peripheries are not just a local, regional or national theme, but a global one and their creative industries do have the potential to thrive, contributing to the reshaping of the cities. Culture and amateur arts, for instance, can offer original approaches for tackling what are often referred to as social problems, developing positive relationships between people from different backgrounds, nationalities and neighborhoods and helping urban regeneration and social cohesion.
This will be the last conference before the end of our four-year “Arts Take Part” project, so it will be great if everyone can join and celebrate with us!
DAY ONE: Palazzo Castiglioni (Orlando room), corso Venezia 47, Milano (Underground 1 Palestro)
DAY TWO: Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Via S. Agnese, 2 (Underground 1 Cadorna)
[Please note: as you may expect, any arrangements with venues are subject to change due to coronavirus restrictions. We will update attendees if there are any changes to venues.]
Arrival date: Thursday, 28th October
Friday 29th October
CONFERENCE DAY 1
10:00 – Opening & welcome
10:30 – Keynote speeches and discussion
– Beate Kegler (Germany) – biography
– Tamara Schoppert (Netherlands) – biography
Moderated by Jim Tough, Amateo
12:00 – Best practice examples of work from across Europe
– The common in community, Blaž Babnik Romaniuk (Slovenia)
– Project Oberhausen, KITEV (Germany)
– Towards a cultural system in the peripheries of Milan, CPM (Italy)
13:00 – Lunch
14:00 – Arts Take Part: Growing the Connections
– A presentation of the future plans of Amateo and opportunities to be involved in our work
15:00 – Cultural field trip in Milan
16:30 – Free time
18:00 – Amateo Award ceremony 2021 (special event)
– followed by dinner and social gathering
Saturday 30th October
CONFERENCE DAY 2
10:00 – Workshops (choose one)
– See details of the workshops
13:00 – Lunch
14:30 – Dream session
– Presentation of good ideas and proposals for cooperation
15:30 – Speed dating
– Networking opportunity to develop potential international cooperation
16:30 – Close
Departure date: Sunday 31st October
- To register to attend in Milan or join online, please press the registration button below and complete the short form
- In order to book workshop accommodation and secure the hotel accommodation, we need your response as soon as possible
We are able to subsidise at least 15 places for Amateo member organizations to attend the event. We can offer up to 80% of your travel, accommodation and subsistence costs to a maximum of €450. Please indicate in your application whether you require this support.
If you are planning to attend please ensure that you meet all the travel requirements that you require for entry to Italy and return to your home nation.
Event hosted by:
Amateo – The European Network for Active Participation in Culture
Consulta Periferie Milano