Arts Take Part is a unique and exciting new project being undertaken by Amateo, a network that serves and promotes people’s engagement in participatory arts.
Arts Takes Part, supported by Creative Europe and Amateo member organisations, will help to strengthen the organisations involved in this work, grow the network and offer training, knowledge exchange and events. In the process it will raise the profile of the
participatory arts and the important impact that has on people’s lives.
The participatory arts (amateur arts and voluntary culture) are a vital aspect of civic life for people across the European Union. A large number of voluntary and paid staff and artists are employed in a myriad of associations to provide arts based activities for
about 38% of the population in the member states, with strong added value through personal empowerment, cultural cohesion, social inclusion and active citizenship.
While the benefits of participation are clear for those involved at a local level, we aim to secure wider international recognition at a national level of the importance of this work to our social, civic, political and cultural lives. We want to encourage and support the many small organisations that are involved in this work to recognise and promote their work at a national and cross-European level.
The overall aim of this 4-year network project is to develop the capacity to engage main national and regional associations and their local networks from the sector of participatory arts in the member states and programme countries to operate trans-nationally and to support their active participation in art and cultural activities at a European level.
Arts Take Part Team Structure
- Jim Tough (UK) Project Coordinator, jim [at] amateo.org
- Benedikte de Vos (BE), Secretariat info [at] amateo.org
- Lindsey Jackson (UK), Finance Manager
- Damien McGlynn (UK), Team Leader, comms [at] amateo.org
- Milka Salatić (RS)
- Michael Christensen (DK)
Courses & Conferences Team
- Marjeta Turk (SI), Team Leader, events [at] amateo.org
- Valentina Daćnik (HR)
- Alexandra Stefkova (SK)
- Tomas Järvinen (FI)
Flagship Events Team
- Anton de Boes (BE), Team Leader, award [at] amateo.org
- Jan Pirnat (SI)
- Piet Roorda (NL)
- Jennie Dennett (UK)
Pioneer Projects Team
- Guido Bosua (NL), Team Leader, pioneers [at] amateo.org
- Matjaž Šmalc (SI)
- Gareth Coles (UK)
Research & Documentation Team
- Anna-Karin Waldemarson (SE), Team Leader, research [at] amateo.org
- Drazen Jelavic (HR)
- Katerina Klementova (CZ)
- Giorgio Bacchiega (IT)
- Zoe Zernitz (NL), Internal Evaluation Officer
- Ruth Stevenson (UK), External Impact Evaluation Officer
Monitoring & Assessment Group
- Villy Dall (DK)
- Michaela Prilepkova (CZ)
- Bart van Put (BE)