CONNECT – Arts for everyone!
A four-day workshop and conference for young creatives, organisations and festivals working in the field of performing arts created and performed by children and young people, based in Europe and neighbouring countries.
16 – 19 March 2018
Huis voor de Amateurkunst – Deventer (Netherlands)
All over Europe, and beyond, there are people and organisations making performing arts with children and young people. During CONNECT, we are offering time and space to meet many of these people, see some inspiring examples of practice, take part in a workshop and try to develop new European collaborations.
Performing Arts for everyone!
During CONNECT we are focusing on one theme: how to reach the young people that are hard to reach. How can we progress the idea that art is for everyone and performing arts should be open for all? How do we include the young people living in the rural areas, those young people now struggling with war trauma, displacement and languages, LGBT young people and also disabled young people. How can we ensure that what we do is open to all of them, giving them space to express themselves, being recognised by the rest of the society.
CONNECT is a flexible programme, in which we ask you to pick the format that suits you best.
- CONNECT is a four day programme, but you can also choose to follow a part of the programme
- There is a three day workshop for young creatives. In this workshop you will be working with an inspiring artistic leader, specialising in making multi-disciplinary performing arts productions, performed by young people from a variety of backgrounds.
- For Dutch attendees; you can also attend just for the Monday. Monday is now designed as a moment to be informed about many possibilities for European collaboration and exchanges, and time for networking with peers.
Friday 16 March
18.00 – 20.00 hrs welcome dinner
20.00 – 21.00 hrs see a performance; ‘We, the people’ – Theater DeGasten, Amsterdam
21.00 – 22.00 hrs social time
Saturday 17 March
09.30 – 10.00 hrs welcome, kick off; what are we going to do?
10.00 – 10.30 hrs keynote speaker
10.30 – 11.00 hrs discussion
11.00 – 11.30 hrs coffee break
11.30 – 13.30 hrs young creatives; workshop round 1
11.30 – 12.30 hrs Organisations: Who are we? What are we looking for? What do we have to offer?
12.30 – 13.30 hrs Organisations; worldcafé; conversations in smaller groups: what are our experiences in working with targeted groups?
13.30 – 14.30 hrs lunch break
14.30 – 18.30 hrs young creatives; workshop round 2
14.30 – 19.00 hrs Organisations; local safari; go to different projects in Deventer, neighbouring cities and the rural area. See some interesting projects, and meet up with the performers and makers. Key words; international/interdisciplinairy/targeted young people.
19.00 – 20.00 hrs see a performance
20.00 – 21.30 hrs dinner
Sunday 18 March
09.30 – 10.00 hrs starting together; what are the expectations of the day?
10.00 – 13.00 hrs young creatives; workshop round 3
10.00 – 11.00 hrs organisations; workshop
11.00 – 11.30 hrs coffee break
11.30 – 12.30 hrs Organisations; workshop; Work in smaller groups, design a European project, and think how you will work with volunteers and/or engage with the targeted groups.
12.30 – 13.00 hrs short presentation of the projects, commented by the other groups.
13.00 – 14.00 hrs lunch
14.00 – 15.30 hrs young creatives; workhsop; preparation of the presentation
Organisations: speed dating; just two minutes to speak each organisations; what would you like to do?
15.30 – 16.00 hrs break
16.00 – 16.30 hrs presentation of the young creatives workshop
16.30 – 17.30 hrs round table conversation; what do the young creatives need from the organisations, festivals and networks to work in a European context?
17.30 – 19.00 hrs time to meet and speak with the organisations/each other
19.00 – 20.30 hrs dinner
Monday 19 March
– conference day; focusing on international working
08.00 – 09.00 hrs breakfast
09.30 – 10.00 hrs start together; what do we expect of today?
10.00 – 10.30 hrs best practice; one good and inspiring example, to get inspiration.
10.30 – 11.30 hrs presentation of some European funders and organisations like TANDEM, ECP, FCP, SocioKultur, Dutch Culture, Erasmus+, Creative Europe, etc.
11.30 – 11.45 hrs coffee break
11.45 – 12.00 hrs short introduction of the organisations that joined today
12.00 – 13.00 hrs work in small groups; design your super European project
13.00 – 14.00 hrs lunch
14.00 – 15.30 hrs presentation of these project proposals, comments by the funders, to see how they can be financed
15.30 – 16.00 hrs wrapping up and closing down
How to book your place? Visit the Theatreschip website and click the green button, then fill in the form.
Please note: hotels are not included; you have to arrange your own accommodation. If you like, Theaterschip can make some suggestions (email@example.com).
All prices are VAT inclusive. There are four different options:
- You book on behalf of an organisation as a pair. One of you is representing your organisation, the other one is a young creative, and joining the young creative workshop. You are joining for four days. This arrangement includes 3 lunches, 3 dinners, coffee, tea and a drink during dinners. Total price: €150,–
- You subscibe on behalf of an organisation, and you will be representing your organisation. You are joining for four days. This arrangement includes 3 lunches, 3 diners, coffee, tea and a drink during dinners. Total price: € 90,–
- You book on behalf of an organisation as a pair. One of you is representing your organisation, the other one is a young creative, and joining the young creative workshop. You are joining for three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). This arrangement includes 2 lunches, 2 dinners, coffee, tea and a drink during dinners. Total price: €130,–
- You book on behalf of an organisation, and you will be representing your organisation. You are joining for three days. This arrangement includes 2 lunches, 2 dinners, coffee, tea and a drink during dinners. Total price: € 75,–
Please, specify your arrangement in the ‘comments’ field in the booking form. For students, we can offer a 25% discount on all options. If you are a student, please also specify this in the ‘comments’ field.